Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

36 Weeks!

So, as I hinted before, I have been watching a lot of "16 and Pregnant" on MTV lately.  I can't say I have ever "liked" this show - but every time I see it on the channel guide it is of those car-wreck situations where you just can't stop watching.  I think I have grown to actually enjoy it because it helps me put a lot shit I worry about into perspective.  

For example - Being "25 and Pregnant" I worry about my baby daddy having the car seat installed correctly, Those girls on "16 and Pregnant" are worried if their baby daddy has a car...

Being "25 and Pregnant" I worry if my water will break at my place of employment, "16 and pregnant" - worried about water breaking at prom...

"25 and Pregnant" - I worry about deadlines - "How many days do I have to get baby on my insurance? When do I have to call and report maternity leave? Are all my bills paid and house in order before baby comes?". "16 and Pregnant" - worried about deadlines too - but more like "when is my English paper due?"

If a weekly dose of trash T.V. is what it takes to cure me of being completely neurotic, than so be it, bring on the next episode.

Next up ...BABY SHOWER! If you want to know how completely LOVED you are get pregnant and have a baby shower. People love babies and love celebrating whoever is having the baby.  Baby Navetta and I were spoiled at my baby shower in Tyler and then again at shower thrown by my friends in Lubbock.  I cannot THANK everyone enough for all the sweet {and useful} baby gear we received!












I also want to say a special "Thank You" to my grandmother who always hosts the most "pinterest-y" parties at her gorgeous house on the lake! I love you Nana and loved celebrating Baby Navetta with you! Also Thank You to my mom and and mother-in-law - I may be biased, but this baby is going to have the best grandmothers {and is going to be very spoiled}! 

I wish I had pictures from my Lubbock shower, but all I have is this cute invitation...My friend Jordan and her husband Mark were awesome hosts as we drank beer, watched football, and opened baby presents at their house {O'Douls for me of course}! 




And last, but certainly not least...



The mystery that is - PREGNANCY CANKLES

This happens to me on long car rides and after my 12 hour shifts at work.  It is effing weird to look down and have NO ankles and to have toes that resemble cocktail weenies. Strange confession -  I like pushing in on the swelling and making intentions then watching how long it takes the indentation to go away - Its the nurse in me - there just something about  +3 pitting edema! {I know only a small amount of readers are going to think that is funny..aka the nurses..everyone else now thinks I am a complete weirdo} 


So that's it! my long overdue update. I am thankful to be healthy and to have a healthy baby growing in there! 3 1/2 more weeks to go - which means I would be happy making any day now a BIRTH- day! 

Andy and I at the Sitka Wedding in San Antonio - This was our last baby-free road trip/mini vacation as a party of two! 

1 comment:

  1. I died laughing when I saw the pic of your cankles! I love it! Prop those babies up sister! haha!

    ReplyDelete