Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

1 Year Down....



Well, I guess I shouldn't quit my day job and become one of those super-mom bloggers. I haven't blogged in over a year - I know its been over a year because my last post I was still pregnant with this crazy little guy and I had no. earthly. idea. what I was in store for....


6 month-ish shameless selfie
I am sporting the no -makeup "I woke up like this" look 
Andys and my world has been rocked.  Nothing can prepare you for parenthood.  Nursing school & Medical School sleep deprivation ain't got nothing on the exhaustion that is being a parent of a newborn.

On the other hand - absolutely nothing can prepare you for the joy and love your heart feels from the moment of their first cry..... 

 Its like God knows what he is doing and makes the love you feel for that baby so strong that you will sacrifice sleep and drink lethal amounts of coffee (at risk to yourself) to keep that new little human alive ;). 



I wish I would have continued blogging over the last year.  Nates first birthday has come and gone {next blog post} and it got me feeling nostalgic.  As I read my old pregnant posts I regretted not better documenting his first year.

So even if its just for my mom and my friends Aubrey & Madison (who admitted to reading), or really just for me,  here goes try #2 of becoming an aspiring blogger.... Don't get your hopes up! 

1 comment:

  1. It's 6am and I'm crying before I go to work reading this :)

    ReplyDelete