My extreme "nesting" {cleaning-out, organizing, throwing away, reorganizing, washing, scrubbing, organizing again} coupled with the fact Andy is in North Carolina for a month on an away rotation for school left me in an awkward situation with our first born baby - Buddy.
| "Mom, when is Dad coming home and why are you throwing all his stuff away?" |
I tried explaining to him "Dad is indeed coming home - in a month, and its okay he doesn't need an office full of A&M memorabilia anyway{aka junk from his days at TAMU}. Your brother is going to need a nursery". Even after my explanation, I still was getting this skeptical look as if Buddy thought his Dad and I were calling it quits. I can't blame the dog - I have loved having the whole bed to myself (lots of tossing and turning lately), All the pillows to myself (again, I cannot get comfortable at night with this big belly), and no more 4:15am wakeup calls for Andy to go into the OR, which thus becomes my wakeup call to lay in bed wishing I wasn't awake.
Thankfully as Buddy and I were hashing this out Kelly & Michael were on T.V and Kelly Ripa brought up some study that showed people in long distance relationships connected more intimately than people who weren't. Apparently they have to communicate more since they aren't in the same place or something. I don't care why, or if the study was true, or even if it was scientific or not, I believe everything Kelly Ripa says - she has great hair & always has cute shoes - how can you not believe her.
So see Buddy? Dad will be home before we know it & we will love each other probably more than we did before he left
(and we will just keep the door to his old "office" closed until Mom goes to work).
After I threw his ball and he got completely covered in dirt (which is his favorite thing to do) he seemed to accept my explanation and decided to give me a break from his moping around!
On to the pregnancy update....
So 28 weeks....Third Trimester! What the heck? I don't think anything in my life has gone this fast, but this slow at the same time. Sometimes this is what my train of thought looks like -
"Wow, I've been pregnant since February?.....I've been pregnant for this whole year pretty much? .....Is that normal for someone to be pregnant like almost a whole year?.....Oh my gosh I only have 11 more weeks to go...really its kind of almost Christmas....{panicking} ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS?....I have so much to do....what on earth have I been doing since February because I feel like nothing is done?....I'm hungry...I have to pee...I need to organize something"
I went to my 28 week appointment and Mom & Baby are healthy :) Baby Navetta's precious heartbeat was 150 & strong. I only gained 2 lbs these past four weeks and my blood pressure and lab work was perfect. I am looking forward to my 30 week appointment & ultrasound - Aunt Emma gets to accompany me & I am dying for her to see her nephew in action. I am also looking forward to baby showers and finishing getting house ready for baby. I have a lot to be thankful for!
~Alyssa
P.S. I should be the one giving Buddy a break - I admit I am missing Andy a lot too & I too am doing my fair share of moping around as well. Maybe the real definition of true love is something like "True love is preferring to sleep uncomfortable and cramped next to the person you love than sleeping comfortably un-cramped in the middle of the bed alone".
Still LOVING your baby bump! It's probably better that Andy isn't there while you're nesting.... he could definitely stifle your efficiency.... if you get what I mean :) Missing you TONS AND TONS sister, and glad Emma is there to keep you company!
ReplyDelete