Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

25 Weeks

Wow, blogging is not for the faint of heart...or maybe blogging just isn't for someone with a full time job, short attention span, and someone who would rather be watching another episode of "Girls" than writing about herself! Whatever the case may be, although I may be terrible at this new found "hobby", I press on for the readers {aka my mom and maybe Aubrey?} ;) 



Here is my latest bump picture! This is 25 weeks and I am LOVING that belly!  Before I elaborate on pregnancy updates, I want to tell you about the events and emotions leading up to this picture so you can get an idea of how absolutely bat-shit crazy one becomes when pregnant.  

I was going through my closet trying on EVERYTHING to see what I can and cannot squeeze into my maternity wardrobe {literally} and I came across a couple of my Texas Tech game day shirts.  I got REALLY excited REALLY fast when I put this outfit on.  1. It fit! 2. It made me realize college football season is quickly approaching and I love football weekends almost as much as I love Christmas. 3. This year is Tech's year and I am in love with Kliff Kingsbury {I can't wait to see him on the sidelines with that good hair, headset, and sunglasses coaching the first football team I was a truly a fan of -  Texas Tech}! As I tried on my new maternity game day outfit  and took this spirited selfie I could practically hear "Raider"...."Power", I could smell the tailgating grills being fired up, and I could taste the beer on my lips....

And then the emotional roller coaster transpired. 

First realization - this outfit will not fit me in 3 weeks, much less the actual month and a half until the first game. Number 2, I can't make it two hours on my feet without them starting to swell & I know this is only going to get worse. I also cannot make it 35 minutes without having to go to the bathroom, So how could I ever make it through tailgating and an entire football game? Lastly, no beer for me this football season.  NO BEER DURING FOOTBALL SEASON? When is the last time I haven't had beer during football season? Definitely prior to my freshman year at Tech & that was 2006, this is 2013. 

Que the waterworks. I cried about my swollen feet, my squished bladder, and my sober season for about 2 minutes.  

As I sat dramatically on my bedroom floor acting like someone had died, baby was moving and kicking and I quickly was brought back to the reality of how thankful, blessed, and overwhelmed with joy I was about becoming a mom.  My priorities were put back into the appropriate perspective and I said a simple "I'm sorry God, that was a really bad reason to get that upset, I wouldn't trade where I am in this life for anything".  With that prayer and the thought of eating those tailgate bacon wrapped cream cheese jalapenos I was back to my excited, happy self

This all happened in less than 3 1/2 minutes - I am telling you I have almost ZERO control over my emotions these days.  So for those of you who don't believe in pregnant women being hormonal - Come visit me, I will make you a believer! 

How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain: 18 lbs (whoops! how did that happen?)
Maternity clothes? Lots! Trying not to buy too much since I only have THREE months left, so I am wearing the same outfits over and over again.  My sweet mother-in-law took me shopping last month and got me some of my first additions to my maternity wardrobe! It was fun, she is the best! 
Sleep: Getting more and more difficult to get comfortable and the frequent bathroom trips make it hard too :(  
Best moment this week: My sister Emma came to Lubbock and got to feel and SEE Baby Navetta kick & move.  Andy feels on him and watches him almost every day {which I love}, but it was special to have my sister see and feel too! 
Miss Anything? Same stuff I have been missing - and believe it or not - running. I miss working up a sweat and feeling like I had a whole body workout. 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: No. 
Symptoms: Acne continues, but is A LOT better.  Feet starting to swell when I am up for a long time.  
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Band on, engagement ring off - its getting a little too tight :( ! 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but see story above! 
Looking forward to: Every morning when I wake up I look forward to feeling baby move and kick! I LOVE it.  I am also looking forward to decorating the baby nursery and collecting more baby stuff.  I swoon over baby clothes - I get teary eyed thinking my little guy will be in those clothes in 3 months! 
NOT Looking forward to: Andy leaving at end of August for A MONTH for an away rotation in North Carolina at UNC.  Thankfully Emma will be here with me so I won't be alone, but I am sure going to miss my husband.... We have done long distance for a lot longer than that in the past (grant it, we were dating and I wasn't pregnant), so we will be fine! Still NOT looking forward to it :(.  
23 weeks in Tyler with my handsome baby daddy!



Thats all for another month probably ;)
-Alyssa 




2 comments:

  1. Of course I read your blog! I've been checking it daily since your last post and FINALLY you wrote something! LOVING the bump and the red raider gear! Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa, I love reading your blog! Gives me comfort, LOL! I can relate to many of the stages you went through, and I look forward to the future stages of pregnancy you speak of!

    ReplyDelete