Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

16 weeks




How far along? 16 Weeks
Total weight gain: 12 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Kind of.  I bought a pair of coral maternity skinny jeans last week.  Let me repeat that - maternity. skinny. jeans.  Yeah, that should have been a red flag to me too, but the model looked super adorable so I was sure I would look just like her.  I probably would have looked just like her if I too was 8 months pregnant, 5'11 and had the pre-pregnancy weight of an anorexic 12 year old.  Long story short, the "maternity" part of the pant (the stretchy part that goes over your belly) is still too big and the pants are too long, so this was a FAIL.  I will hold on to them and see if I grow into them.  Overall, I've been sticking to maxi dresses and loose tops with my bottoms unbuttoned! 
Sleep: Fine if I am really tired, If I'm not so sleepy I am noticing it is getting harder and harder to get comfortable.  
Best moment this week: FEELING BABY NAVETTA MOVE! At first I was hesitant to believe it was baby moving, but I have been noticing patterns that have convinced me that indeed what I am feeling is a little babe getting his/her groove on in there!  For example, I allow myself to have 1 cup of coffee or tea a day (other than that its ALL water) and I kid you not 30 minutes later I will feel the "flutter".  It is really hard to explain, it is similar to a muscle twitch or kind of feels like a "nudge" from the inside.   I can already tell from this that our kid will probably be the crazy ass kid thats not allowed to have Coke or Mountain Due because it makes them bounce off the walls.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the feeling! It takes my breath away each time and I wait and hope I feel another little movement.  
Miss Anything? Drinking with Andy.  We have been enjoying cold beer in the summer together for years now, so I get a little envious when we are grilling or hanging out and its hot and he is downing a cold, refreshing cerveza and I am sipping my lemon water!  And speaking of lemon water, a margarita on a patio would be nice this time of year too! Hmm, next year!  
Food cravings: FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT and fruit smoothies and plain salty potato chips. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: NO! Thankfully this is over :) 
Gender: Don't know! 
Labor Signs: No. 
Symptoms: Acne (ugh) and this  sensation when I am hungry that I have to eat right now.  I think it would be the same way a diabetic would feel? - I get light headed and shaky and Hangry (Hungry-Angry).  Like I. have. to. eat. now. or. I. will. kill. someone. I am not proud of this, it is just the God-honest truth! 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, don't ask Andy his opinion...
Looking forward to: Seeing my family in 2 weeks! Andy takes his STEP 2 test for medical school in Houston so we have turned it into a mini vacation! We are going to Galveston with the Fratangelo Fam for 3 days and I CANNOT put into words how excited I am to see my family and have them see my growing belly!
NOT Looking forward to: The 9 hour drive to Houston! It is going to be an interesting drive considering I seem to need to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment