Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013


My 12 week doctor appointment was today.  I am officially 12 weeks on Saturday and excited to be out of the first trimester! I will do an abbreviated recap of the last couple of months....

January was my cousin Tyler's sons baptism in Tulsa, OK.  I was honored to be asked to be Kellan's Godmother and spent the weekend with Tyler, his wife Hayden {who I think I became best friends with}, and Kellan.  I came back to Lubbock and home to Andy sick.  My medical student husband diagnosed me with a severe case of BABY FEVER.  
 
Kellan & Me on his baptism weekend



I started texting Andy pictures like the two above on a weekly basis & we were having conversations like this: 

Me: "Andy I really think I want a baby"
Andy: Some inappropriate joke about how he could "make that happen" 
Me: "Andy, stop it" 

A few weeks later.....

Baby Navetta at 7 weeks - a tiny bean with a heart beat in the 130's! All of a sudden forgoing margaritas and bikinis this summer didn't seem like that big of a sacrifice. Hearing that fast "swish swish swish swish" changed my whole life in a matter of seconds! Happy mama! Andy will deny it - but he had tears in his eyes too.
.



So here we are - Hello 12 weeks. Hello tiny baby bump! Goodbye nausea & extreme fatigue {I am talking sleeping 13 hours and still needing a nap}! I mentioned before we had my appointment today and we got to hear that heartbeat again...today it was in the 160's! Again, it was a good reminder I shouldn't have any hard feelings about passing up my nightly glass of wine or gaining 5 lbs! 

That's all for now, 
Alyssa 


P.S. I have to brag on my Husband and show off my baby bump at the same time...



Here we are last weekend at a banquet he was honored at for becoming a member of AOA - a prestigious medical society based on his grades and hard work during medical school.  I am so proud of him and I don't tell him that enough! If you look really closely you can see the beginning of a baby bump! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you guys!! So so happy for you. What a beautiful blessing! An congrats on aoa! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete